Mon, Nov 07|
Winter Wonderland Lamp Post Decorating Bonanza!
Back by popular demand (seriously!) is our lamppost decorating contest! Help us light up Middletown's Downtown District. Businesses and residents are encouraged to bring all your holiday huzzahs to this competition. The winner gets a gift card to the downtown-and-around establishment of choice!
Time & Location
Nov 07, 2022, 12:00 AM – Nov 25, 2022, 12:00 AM
Middletown, 1 E Main St, Middletown, DE 19709, USA
About the event
PLEASE READ IN ENTIRETY BEFORE MOVING TO 'TICKETING' PHASE!
Welcome to this year’s Middletown Main Street Lamp Post Decorating Contest! This year’s theme is Winter Wonderland—it’s up to you how to interpret it.
Poles can be decorated starting Nov. 7 and must be complete by Nov. 25. Voting begins Small Business Saturday, Nov. 26 (By the way, come downtown and Shop Small!).
The contest it open to local businesses and families. Lamp posts are available along East and West Main Street. Lamp posts will be voted on by the community via a Facebook poll (details to come.)
The rules are simple:
· Select your lamp post based on the photo here. Know your preferred number, as you'll need it for the registration phrase. NOTE: If the pole you choose is directly in front of one of our downtown businesses, we give the business first dibs.
· Decorations may reach up to 8 feet high and extend no more than 24 inches out from the base of the pole
· MMS reserves the right to remove your display if it is not taken care of or falls apart
· Lamp post must be put up between Nov. 7 and Nov. 25 and removed between Dec. 27th and January 3, 2023.
· Each entrant is responsible for purchasing and maintaining decorations
· Voting will take place via a poll on our Facebook page
· Middletown Main Street reserves the right to reassign lamp post and deny inappropriate submissions
· MMS is not responsible for any injuries that may occur while decorating the lamppost
Now get to work, and merry magic-making!
Lamp Post Decorating Entrant