Sat, Dec 04|
Downtown Middletown, DE
Annual Christmas - Winter Holiday Parade
It's the most wonderful time of the year! Let's celebrate the joy of the season together! Meet us on Main Street on Saturday, December 3rd at 10 a.m.
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 10:00 AM
Downtown Middletown, DE, 504 S Broad St, Middletown, DE 19709, USA
About the event
Season's Greetings Parade Participant:
Thank you for registering to participate in the 2022 Winter Parade! We are so excited to celebrate the season with our entire community.
The Middletown Main Street agency has worked in concert with the Middletown Police Department and the Town of Middletown to coordinate this joyous event. The instructions for parade participants are as follows:
1. Parade participants must meet at 504 S Broad Street in Middletown, DE at 9:00 a. m. to line-up in the designated area - the driveway adjacent to the Everett Meredith Middle School. Upon arrival participants will be instructed by Middletown Main Street staff or volunteers of the order of the parade.
2. The parade will begin promptly at 10:00 a.m. A police officer in a police vehicle will be located at the starting point and will lead the parade.
3. The parade route will continue northbound on S. Broad St. to the four corners intersection and then turn onto W. Main Street.
4. Performing parade acts will stop in front of Everett Theatre in the designated performance area. There is a 2 minute limit on all performances. Music for said performances must be provided to the DJ Booth located in the Town Square (at the four corners intersection) prior to the start of the parade.
5. The parade route continues west on Main Street then turns left onto S. Scott Street, where the route will conclude at the parking lot on S. Scott Street across from the Middletown Fire Department (MFD).
*** Please note the following instructions provided by the Middletown Police Department (MPD):
It is important that parade participants arrive at the designated time prior to the start of the parade. Otherwise, they will not be permitted to enter the starting point area or participate in the parade.
It is also important for parade participants to know that they must break off and enter the parking lot on S. Scott Street (across from the MFD) to prevent blocking the roadway for other parade participants behind them. Parade participants can walk back to their vehicles at the starting point (school parking lot at 504 S. Broad) but the police must ensure the flow of traffic on S. Scott St between Main and Green.
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me, Amy White at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to having a wonderful parade!
Middletown Main Street
Group Registration Fee$15.00
Must be a school, school band, school club, or other department within an actual school (child care/pre school, elementary, middle, or high school)$0.00